Friday, July 22, 2005

(xxvii.)

"Y'know, I've actually always wanted to go to Washigton D.C."
"That's nice."
"I just, y'know, I always thought I'd, like, do it on a vacation, or something. I didn't think I'd do it because there was a dead body in the trunk."
"Uh-huh."
"No, 'cause, I mean, if you--"
"Y'know what? Just shut up! Okay? Can you do that? I'm sick of listening to you talk at me, like I was your personal therapist, or something, okay? I've spent the past three weeks, being dragged around the country, by a crazy girl, who is paranoid, and scared of an imaginary government organization! You think I like doing this?!"

Frank pulled away from Midge. "Sorry," he mumbled.

An awkward silence ensued.

Midge leaned over and turned on the radio.

"--eady know the ending it's the part that makes your face implode, I don't know what makes your face implode but that's the way the movie ends--"
"--nd the look that he gave made me shiver cause he always used to look at me that way and I thought maybe I shou--"

"Okay, seriously, you guys listen to some wierd ass music," Midge declared, switching the radio over to AM.

"--And on Wednesday, a bright, sunny seventy--"
"--and this cleaner is so safe, you can actually eat it--"
"--I mean, really, what kind of whiny dolt really beleives this nonsense?"

"Try scanning further up," Frank began, "See? This model features--"
"Don't even start. Alright? I think I know how to use a radio."
"Sorry."

"--and we're now getting a description of the killer... it's a female... white, five-foot-seven, about 115 pounds, with dark hair... she has with her two accomplices... one is a female, white, five-foot-three, about 130 pounds, red brown hair... the other is a white male, six-foot-two, about 160 pounds, with dark hair... they are driving around in a Red Toyota Avalon... license pla--"

Midge shut off the radio. "They're talking about us, aren't they?"
"Sounds like it," Lorelei declared, nonchalantly.
"So, you're the criminal. You tell us what to do. How do we evade the police."
"Well--"

"Wait, you're a criminal?!" Frank blurted out, loudly.
"Well, yeah. But not like they're making it sound. I was just a burglar, that's all."
"Just a burglar?"
"Well, if you weren't so fucking perfect, you'd understand."

"Alright! It's not important! What do we do now?"
"We find a new car."
"Okay."
"And we put Alfred in the back of it."
"...Hello? We're wanted. For murder. Carting the body with us isn't the smartest thing we could do!"
"Leaving him in the back of this car when we abandon it wouldn't be too swift either, now would it?"
"So what do you propose we do? Move the body, get all new ice, and not get caught?"

Lorelei leaned back in the seat. "No, no, I have an idea."
"You do?"

Lorelei grinned, evilly. "Yes. As a matter of fact, I do."



[chapter xxviii]

No comments: