Friday, August 05, 2005

(xxix.)

"So, now, wait, you put the dead body in the freezer?"
"Alfred. His name is Alfred. And yes, yes I did put him in the freezer."
"Oh, that's comforting."
"What's wrong now?"

Midge stepped up to the driver's seat. "You do know I've never driven one of these, right?"

Frank went back to the original conversation. "Look. The Ice Cream truck is a staple of childhood. It represents innocence. For you to be hiding a dead body in an--"
"Okay, look, if you want to go all English Lit. on me, that's fine, I don't care. Just do me a favor, and wait 'til we start moving, alright?"

Lorelei disappeared to the back of the truck.

"Okay. And we do this..." Midge mumbled to herself, as she started the truck up.
"Seriously, though," Frank started, "does any of this bother you?"

Midge stared at him, blankly. "Only, like, the entire fucking thing."

Frank nodded, thoughtfully.

From the back of the truck, Lorelei screamed, "Hey, while I'm back here, does anyone want a Good Humor bar or anything? I mean, I had to take them out to put Alfred in, and they're going to melt anyway..."



[chapter xxx]

No comments: