Thursday, August 23, 2007

(xciv.)

"You! You, there! Look, I've told you everything I know. Can I go home now?"

The District Coordinator chuckled.

"Well... no. You can't."
"Why not?"

He thought it over for a moment.

"Because," he insisted, thoughtfully.

"That's it?" Muffy yelped, "'Because'?! You can't just hold me here--"
"Watch me."

He stormed back out of the interrogation room, and slumped downn in a nearby bench.

"Well?"
"Why are we keeping her here, anyway?"

Chet sighed.

"So... no Brandenbury, then?"

The District Coordinator shook his head, sorrowfully.

"Fair enough," he shrugged, pulling a cigarette out of his pocket. "We'll keep her here until her fiance shows up."

He put the cigarette in his mouth and lit it.

"But that could take forever!" The District Coordinator whined.

Chet sighed. "Hey, if you hadn't fucked up and kidna-- excuse me, apprehended, the wrong person, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

No comments: