Thursday, August 25, 2005

(xxxii.)

"Now, wait, hang on, let me see if I understand this--"
"What's to understand?"
"...You stole a car by kidnapping it's salesman. You were framed for Fred's murder, so you put his body into the trunk of the stolen car. When the police caught on, you car-jacked an ice cream truck, and put Fred in the freezer."
"Right. That's it. You understand completely."

There was an awkward pause.

"Lor, I really think there's something wrong with you."
"Why do you say that?"
"I didn't. The peacock did."
"The... peacock?"
"On the bourbon bottle. His name is Allouysious. He says you have issues."

There was another awkward silence.

"You named the turkey on the bourbon label?"
"It's a Peacock. And yes, yes I did."
"Why?"
"Well, Muffy kinda stopped talking to me, and you never call, so I needed someone to talk to."
"Right, okay. You're sitting there, talking to the label of a bottle of liquor, and I have issues?"


[chapter xxxiii.]

No comments: