Sunday, September 04, 2005

(xxxiii.)

"Now, you said she took your truck?"
"Well, yeah, but--"
"What's your truck look like?"
"Well, it's white. And... it has a clown on it, holding ice cream cones, I think."
"That's it?"
"There're two kids on the back, warning people about the kids, and... and it plays Pop Goes the Weasel."

The Officer sighed heavily.
"That's all you can tell me about it?"
"Well, yeah, I mean--"
"You mean what?"
"Well, I'm always inside the truck. I don't know what the outside looks like."

The officer turned away from the ice cream truck driver. "The man's a fucking loon." He looked to his partner. "Okay, you wanna go find a renegade ice cream truck?"

The partner nodded excitedly.

"Well, that's good. 'Cause it looks like that's what we're gonna have to do."


[chapter xxxiv.]

No comments: