Friday, June 30, 2006

(liv.)

The arrow streaked across the night sky.

"--the fuck was that?"
"Are we-- sir, is someone attacking us?!"
"Holy shit!" Chet screamed, "It's Lorelei!"

Louis stood up, and started to walk toward the arrow.

"How could it have been Lorelei? I thought we killed her--"
"Her ghost. She's going to haunt me now. She's going to torture me, in my every waking hour--"
"Sir--"
"--what have I done?"
"I don't think it was Lorelei--"
"--What did I bring on myself?"
"I think it was those guys over there."
"Huh?"

Chet looked up just in time to see a ninja come flying across the alley, and kick him in the face.

Louis backed up, and cowered in the corner, as more ninjas came, and started into the building.

"Where's Frank?" One of them demanded.
"The basement!" he squeaked.
"The basement?"

"Yeah. You can't really miss it. It's a big cinderblock deally," he said, pointing toward the fire escape door on the roof.

Two of the other ninjas nodded, and ran toward the door.

"Just follow the sound of him whining," Chet added, under his breath.



[chapter lv.]

No comments: