Saturday, September 23, 2006

(lxv.)

"...sir?"
"What's up, Louis?"
"We... uh... we, um, well--"
"Yes?"
"We have some bad news."

Senator Morton sat up in his chair.

"How bad? Don't tell me Ace is ahead in the polls."
"No, no, it's not about your re-election, sir."
"Okay. So, what's so bad that you had to tell me in person?"

Louis sighed. The Senator picked up his coffee mug, and started to sip at his coffee.

"It's, um, it's about Omnivion, sir."
"Okay."
"Well, we have a reason to believe, that, uh..."

He paused.

"We don't think Lorelei's dead."

Senator Morton glared at him. He stood up quickly, and hurled the mug in Louis' general direction.

"What do I fucking pay you for?!"
"I-I- I'm sorry! I thought we killed her!"
"Well, if she's alive, you obviously didn't kill her hard enough!"
"But--"
"Now get out there and do it again!"
"Y-yes si--"
"And this time, use more explosives!"



[chapter lxvi.]

No comments: