Friday, November 03, 2006

(lxxi.)

"Lor, we need to get you to a hospital, and--"
"...yeah, no, I... I'm good. I think. Maybe."

Lorelei pulled her hand away from her shoulder. She looked at the blood, looked at her shoulder, and then put her hand back. "Yeah, no, I, uh, I think I'm fine."

"What happened to you?"
"Well, I went to go talk to whats-his-face, and then Chet was all like, 'noooooo, I won't let you do that', and he shot me."

There was a pause.

"C'mon. We're going to go find a hospital--"
"But I'm fine--"
"Look! If you weren't standing in front of me bleeding I'd say you were crazy. Now lets get you to an emergency room."
"...but--"
"Now."

There was an awkward silence.

"...Yeah, I really don't have any kind of response for that. No witty retort, no comments, no, uh, anything."
"Yeah. That was the idea. Now come on."



[chapter lxxii.]

No comments: