Friday, January 05, 2007

(lxxx.)

"Dude! You're alive! You got out of the truck okay!" Lorelei blurted out.
"Well, yeah. I just, uh, jumped out the other door. And I didn't see you guys--"
"--well, yeah, we kinda got thrown by the blast--"
"--oh, makes sense. But there were all these government officials, and they were all like, 'how do you know Lorelei?', it was kinda wierd."

Lorelei nodded.

"Yeah. That tends to happen. So how'd you get out of Chet's evil clutches?"
"Oh, the ninjas got me out."

They both stared at him, dumbfoundedly.

"The... ninjas?" Midge asked.
"Yeah. The Toyota ninjas."
"Do I want to ask? Or should I just let it go?"
"No, no, see, it makes perfect sense. They protect the innocent drivers of the world from evildoers and car accidents. The car company is actually named after them."
"...so, you went crazy, then?"

Frank shook his head.

"No! It was the ninjas!"
"Whatever man. Whatever you say."



[chapter lxxxi.]

No comments: