Friday, November 17, 2006

(lxxiii.)

"Wait, wait. Hang on just a second. Where are we going?"
"We're going to go arrest Lorelei."

The District Coordinator stared at Chet in utter disbelief.

"Uh, I'm sorry sir, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we already kill her?"
"Nope."
"You mean we blew up an ice cream truck with a rocket launcher and she's still alive?"

Chet nodded solemnly.

"We didn't kill her hard enough."
"We... what? That-- that doesn't make any sense at all!"

The District Coordinator sighed heavily. "I mean, it's not like she's a cat, and she's still got eight lives left, and we just have to kill her eight more times. Either she's alive, or dead. You can't kill someone harder. It just doesn't work."

There was an awkward silence.

"Well, um, either way, we have to kill her again--"
"But, she's not dead, so we'll just be killing her for the first time--"
"Just shut up--"
"--I mean, unless she's a zombie."

Chet stared at the District Coordinator incredulously.

"She's not a zombie."
"You're sure?"
"Yeah."
"Okay. Good."
"Look, I shot her, and now she's probably at the hospital."
"But... we killed her, and then... but if she's a zombi--"
"Listen to me! She's not a zombie!"
"But--"
"You're really hung up on this, aren't you?"
"Well, yeah. I mean, zombies are scary."


[chapter lxxiv.]

No comments: